According to the Global Slavery Index, 40 million people live in slavery today, 50% are children. 70% of those trafficked annually are victims of sex trafficking. (ILO) In Canada the average age of coerced entry into the sex trade is 13 years old. This is heartbreaking and unacceptable. We cannot afford to be silent. Every person and business must play a role in speaking out and demanding an end to all forms of slavery. Redeemed exists to be a voice of opposition and a source of funding for frontline charities redeeming lives devastated by sex trafficking.
To equip and empower consumers and businesses to join the fight against human trafficking and sex slavery.
Sell lots of jewelry and give lots of money away. We give away 50% of net proceeds on .
I am a Mom of two, my husband and I have been married 16 years and we pastor a small church in rural Alberta. I have travelled and researched sexual exploitation and human trafficking in: Australia, Nepal, India, Thailand and here in Canada over the last twenty years. I know without a doubt that this is where God wants me to dedicate my life and serve Him by standing for justice and caring for the "least of these".
It was three yeas ago that I accidentally started this business/project (ok, obessession). I had just finished 18 years with SA (Servants Anonymous) Foundation, a Canadian organization specializing in setting up long term recovery programs for survivors of sexual exploitation. I was one of the fund developers, lived in the front line home for two years and helped start several social enterprises. My reason for quitting was to spend more time at home and less time on the road. However, this decision didn’t dampen my passion and calling to fight sex trafficking. Thus Redeemed With Purpose was born!
I have ZERO interest in running a jewelry business. Anyone can do that. My purpose is to dedicate my life to stand against injustice and to do everything in my power to strengthen the fight against modern day slavery.
By this summer we will have given away over $13,000.00 in three years. I know from a charity’s perspective that is not very much but from our family’s perspective it is a significant amount and we pray that God is able to use it and multiply it for His kingdom's sake!
We partner with like-minded businesses who believe they have a role to play in the fight against sex trafficking and are willing to:
a. donate shelf space to ensure more funds make it to the charities on the frontlines of this battle
b. purchase wholesale jewelry at a 25% off suggested retail rates
- A new charity is chosen every summer
- Recipient charity will receive 50% of net proceeds from September - June, donated twice a year. Amount donated once confirmed by the charity is shared on social media and our website.
- The charity is carefully chosen based on their work with victims of human trafficking, sexual exploitationand online sexual abuse. They must have charitable status, provide professional brochures and have a solid reputation and a proven history of success over a minimum of five years.
- Chosen charity must commit and be willing to share our posts or create their own social media posts at least once a month to promote our partnership.
- Charity must add a link to Redeemed somewhere on their website. The charity is welcome to promote our partnership as much as they like as it will simply benefit them more!
- Preference will be given to charities that have active social media accounts.
- Charity from 2017-2018 SA Foundation www.safoundation.com received $5,500.00 (our first yearwe gave away 100%)
- Charity from 2018 - 2019 Mully Children’s Foundation https://mcfcanada.org received $3,546.00
- Charity from September 1 2019 - August 31, 2020 LIFT International https://www.liftinternational.org received $2,900 in January with one more donation to be made in July.
APPLICATION FORM LINK:
If you are interested in applying to be a recipient charity for the September 2020 - June 2021 year please fill out the following form HERE.